View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3497335)   #5
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The crucial point The Realist poses is "Where to from here?"

Nothing wrong with a new thread, dedicated to Tier 1. We know it has zero credibility but the way forward needs discussion.

It also needs some leadership and maybe suggestions from MSNZ, to get responses from the rank and file, as opposed to relying on conference remits from the clubs - as we all know that very few clubs do any effecting consulting with their members.

Tier 1 is supposed to be the pinnacle but personally, I'd rather see one or two national classes and locals building events around them, whether they be Sanctioned Series or not, rather than a lack lustre, very bland, circus philosophy, that just hasn't worked.

TRS is not a spectator draw in itself, but it is our Premier Single Seater class, which is a stepping stone for real talent. Personally I see no value in a programme of tiny grids 'just because it is Tier 1'. People have already voted with their feet so the concept is an abject failure.

Demanding Series be sanctiond to be able to run at a Tier 1 event, robbed meetings of some good classes and some good racing. Nothing that hasn't been said before but something needs to change.

Last edited by socram; 25 Jan 2015 at 20:30.