View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2016, 08:40 (Ref:3617276)   #6
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Based on a percentage of my income at the time, it still doesn't equate.

Even if it was doubled back then, it would still need a massive income today to be in kilter. We could probably debate for hours what is meant by improvements.

Regardless of the 1985 situation, the recent rising costs and in the near future are still the major concern. I only put the 1985 figures in to show that for whatever reason, entry fees have rocketed as a proportion of income.

Is a full week's wage after tax for a youngster, on minimum wage, going to attract them into the sport? I rather think not.
I appreciate where you are coming from, I suspect that the greater Auckland District is going to reap the crop off the seeds they did not plant by not getting together years ago to build and own their own circuit. In other words you have nothing of your own so you are going to have to pay to use someone else's and at todays market prices.

Looking at Sth Canterbury Car Club entry fees, back around 1985 they we around 3 hours retail labour charge out time of my workshop. Today, if I still had that workshop the fees would still be very very close to 3 hours retail labour charge out time.