View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3772045)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Apparently Block's empire will keep them, they will be used as promo vehicles.
Ah yeah, that figures. From what has been said it seems like quite a chunk of Block (or Block's sponsors) cash has gone into those cars.

Quote:
No doubt they might become available in a few years, but not right now. Weird cars anyway, so very softly set up, imagine they would be like Solbergs first two DS3's, pigs to drive.
They were ridiculously soft at the start of last year and they looked awful at Lydden, especially Bakkerud: I remember watching him turning into the Elbow and being shocked at how much the car was rolling. His car looked really odd going through the chicane as well, it was almost rearing up as it reached the slight crest there.

They definitely got stiffer as last year progressed and I thought the Focus looked a lot more planted in the latter rounds. I expected them to extract more speed out of the car in the off season though, I really thought Bakkerud was going to be the man to beat in 2017.

Quote:
If he stays then yes they need funding, and this is a factor, but I think he will probably go to Citroen, only issue there is that Loeb still wants to do the odd event and they don't get on too well so Ogier might prefer to stay at Ford.
Do you think Ogier at Citroen is still likely? Given the performance of the C3 this year I think Ogier would be mad to move, especially if Ford are willing to commit the funds to retain him.