View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3139025)   #35
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
I'm really disappointed by this series, non adjustable dampers, spec racing and a focus on drivers not cars, also I have a feeling that it could be overpriced. This meant to be motor racing isn't it? not driver racing.

Japanese F4 on the other hand is awesome, you have to use a spec tub from Dome, there are some engine regs and a few safety related things are mandated, there is also a cap on the car sales price and all designs must be available for sale - then go for it design develop what you want.

See here - I think this is a better and cheaper approach to F4.
Dome on F4

Also have a look at the brochure for the car
JMIA Kit racer
THe JMIA have really got their act together haven't they? Great promotional stuff and a really good idea.

I think it's a done deal here in the UK though, with MSV and the BRDC.

I agree totally about the sealed dampers. It must save mere pennies but the one thing young drivers need to learn is that vital interface between chassis and track, damper settings are crucial to that. Especially as the wing/drag/ downforce settings will more than likely be very ineffective except at very high speed on these cars.

Nonetheless, my view is that the Formula Ford promoters have only themselves to blame with their consistent approach of ignoring the opinions of those who have been telling them for years that they were driving people out of the sport, not into it.

I hope F4 works, for the simple reason something has to be done to differentiate talent from bank balance or we'll face a future of nothing but pay drivers moving up to higher levels, which is pretty much where we are now.