Thread: Paul Warwick
View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2511965)   #36
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should have been at that meeting with the PCGB team I worked for at that time but the sunday was my 21st birthday so instead I was nursing a hangover in Newquay. When I got back on the Monday to work they were all shell shocked. They had been waiting behind or in front of the MM garage when news got back about the accident and the fact that Paul had not survived. They said some of the scenes in the garage with family and team were the most harrowing they had ever seen in racing.

On the one hand he went out whilst leading with an absolutely 100% perfect record, which I guess is some consolation. But was anything learned or changed after the event? Did Oulton become safer? Could any car have withstood the hit and kept the driver in the car? I heard rumours that the familyw ere given the circuit tapes of the accident, I assume the MSA looked at them first?