View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1822159)   #107
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
No, the Motorart model is most definately not Minichamps standard.
I'd been tempted to chance it and buy one. Glad I didn't now.

Quote:
All in all I'm not doing a great job of selling the one I have, am I?
Not at all. Definitely not going to suggest I swap it for the 99 Plato Laguna, which I think is the only one on your wants list I've got.

Quote:
You must have a good few models, post em up!
I've boxed up a lot of my collection and dispatched them to my parent's loft. The display cabinet was full and starting to look messy, so decided to thin it out a lot. There was nothing that rare, mainly because I'm too tight to buy the expensive one.

Currently on display are
http://www.redshoes.demon.co.uk/images/ABCD0006.JPG
NATCC / BTCC / BTCC / STW Honda Accords
Laguna / 3x Primeras
Volvo 850 / S40 / 2x Peugeot 406
Audi / BMW / Audi / Alfa 156
Chevrolet / Holden / Vauxhall / Opel Vectra
Bottom row are non-touring cars - Vitesse Dakar 205 T16 / Minichamps Dakar Porsche 959 (Rothmans) / Ixo Dakar Peugeot 406 T16 / Audi S1 quattro

My other cabinet is a closer rival to you BTCC collection - Corgi Morris Minior vans
http://www.redshoes.demon.co.uk/images/ABCD0005.JPG

Quote:
One thing I've wondered about is the 1999 Vectras. They were apparently never released as Onyx went pop before they had chance to distribute them. Were they ever made, do you know? ie Were they left in a store room somewhere after Onyx shut up shop or did they never make it that far?
I've never seen a picture of them. I'd guess some prototypes were made at least as they were issued a catalogue number. I'm sure if they were made in significant numbers then they would have been sold off as liquidated stock by now.