Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3813573)   #176
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
IMSA is a National/"local" series, but I don't see why that's an issue. Sebring 12 Hours is an IMSA event. Even if F1 went there (which would be hilarious), it should remain an IMSA event. WEC is tagging onto the IMSA event. And that's just fine.
Agreed to all of this including the hilarity of F1 at the old airfield but the term "local" has never been used to describe any national series in my decades of watching motor racing. It was only used here to undermine and to show more prestige of one verses another, which as you say, is completely irrelevant.

I'm so excited about this, now that it's been adjusted, I may watch a WEC race outside of LM this year and have already blocked off more time from work for March next year.