View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2607046)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Please explain how you John, the beeb and so on, say this is a new decade? I've only got 7 fingers n' 2 thumbs and with that disability no way can I make 10 complete years [A Decade] if we count 2000 as the first year, the decade is not complete until 31st December 2010. A happy new whatever to all
As Tim says, including the year 2000, that is definitely 10 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
[FONT=Verdana]It was sad to see the old “Lighter Side” struck from the site with little or no ceremony. May I applaud Iain for creating what must have been the most successful thread ever. Certainly it is the thread that has given me the greatest pleasure over the last year.
Why? With the end of the year, 114 pages and over 50,000 views, it was time to end it and start again. And actually it wasn't Iain's idea; it was mine; I just chose one of his posts to start it. It was a (reasonably!) successful attempt to stop all those off topic discussions that kept deflecting us from the 'proper' thread topics. And it is not 'struck' from the site; it is merely closed; it can still be read by all! What ceremony do you propose, I should have initiated? I regard the 'lighter side' thread as the chitchat thread, so if you really prefer it to all the historic race threads, I'm seriously depressed and disappointed. So that's told you, Compte!