View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3218535)   #7
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Track Fan View Post
I can seriously see Prototypes and GT cars combined for the larger circuits and separate races for the smaller circuits, and I can also see the Prototypes running on their own at Long Beach and Baltimore and the GT cars running on their own in Detroit and possibly Mosport.

I think the combined series needs to find a place for all of the circuits on both the ALMS and the Grand-Am series. Those circuits have stood behind both series, and now this combined series needs to step up and support ALL of the circuits.
I completely agree. I can see the 2014 USCR running a 15-20 race calendar. What do you guys think the schedule will look like? I suppose I'll take the first crack at it...

1. 24 Hours of Daytona (Jan.)
2. 12 Hours of Sebring (March)
3. Barber (April)
4. Long Beach (April)
5. Laguna Seca (May)
6. Detroit (June)
7. Mid-Ohio (June)
8. Sahlen's 6 Hours of the Glen (June)
9. Lime Rock (July)
10. Mosport (July)
11. Indy (July)
12. Road America (August)
13. Kansas (August)
14. Baltimore (August)
15. COTA (September)
16. VIR (October)
17. Petit Le Mans (October)

I'd like to see them add Sonoma, Miller, Montreal, and maybe another street race to make it twenty (like St. Petersburg, Toronto, Houston, etc.). Or that new NOLA Motorsports Park... that 6 mile layout looks pretty sweet!