View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3218550)   #10
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hate to be negative (no, seriously) but "United" is a ridiculous word to include.

Did the series organizers think it would only last a couple years? By 2018 or 2020 no one will care about ALMS or Rolex, and there will only have been a single series for five or seven years. What will "united" mean then? As well call it "atavistic."

No offense to the guy who thought it up, but he was thinking of the Very short term, the actual period while the merger is being effected. After that ... well, my wife is no longer "my fiancee, you know"? We are no longer "engaged."

On top of that, Use-Car, or Us-Car ... neither rolls off the tongue. Rather they skid off the tongue ripping flesh as they go.

Add to that the meaningless, simplistic, non-identifying logo ("Hey, look at the sticker on this guy's hauler----I guess he sells helmets,") and wht it comes down to is ALMS has once again spent a ridiculous sum of money to get it Totally Wrong.

Scott Atherton emphasized that they knew they only had one chance to get it right---so they paid the firm which handles the NFL, NHL and Kentucky Derby---and then went with a submission from a kart driver, and a logo that communicates nothing.

Bravo.