View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2514074)   #24
Andrew Mitchell
Rookie

Andrew Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The tyre pressures rise 6psi on the outside track side and 4psi on the inside track side.I've got a mate to jack up one side of the car and eyed down the rear wheel to the front one on the other side (not a very scientific approach) and I recon it goes toe out. The rear suspension is the same as a bristol 406 with torsion bars locating under the axle 5 inches in from the wheels ,the rotation of the axle is stoped by one dog bone 18 inches long located above the prop quite far back ,and there is a watts linkage centre back of diff. The 406 was an epic handling car really nimble down leafy lanes, and my car is too on the road this rear wheel steer is good on the road if this what is happening,but perhaps not as good on the track ,the thing is who to limit it ,limit roll which activates it ,or to work with it to some advantage. What was noticable was I started with 6 gallons of fuel in my under fuel tanks and as I was getting down to nothing I could not improve my lap time,making the low fuel tanks were limiting roll when full. I will try to look for a web site with a picture of the 406 suspension.