View Single Post
Old 25 May 2011, 04:59 (Ref:2885556)   #75
V8RYAN
Racer

Australia
SANDOWN
V8RYAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was lucky enough to get a tour of the HRT garage at Winton and they said that it costs about $20mil to run the team each year and that only them, FPR and 888 are spending that kind of $$$.

Peckstar, i agree with you. another manufacturer isnt really going to care about the fact that they cant use their own technology because of pushrod V8s etc. they care about branding and they care about selling cars.

the average punter doesnt know squat about what is under the bonnet of their car, they care about features inside the car, style, reliability and street cred.

if Kia or Hyundai (same company) got involved it means that suddenly they can look 'cool' to a new generation of Aussies who normally are only exposed to Falcons and Commodores. this is a great option for Mazda and Hyundai as they are gaining huge market share here and then other brands who need to make the inroads. Opel is coming and it could also work for Suzuki. Toyota might want to do it simply because they are such a powerhouse, they might as well be represented.

i doubt Mitsubishi would want to do it or Nissan. I could see HSV having a standalone team (why not!!)

i think the teams that would quickly turn to a enw manufacturer would be GRM and SBR, 888 could move but they already doen it once. i couldnt see the Kelly boys changing at all.