View Single Post
Old 1 May 2003, 21:31 (Ref:586748)   #10
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
George and CART don't see eye to eye, and it's not very likely soon they would work things out. That's the whole reason why it's proposed that the fans do something to pressure the situation, if we continue to wait we are just going to keep going along with the slugfest.

We can theorise about the rules as much as we want but I'm keen to see if we can take any actual action as a group of fans to let both the IRL and CART know that we've had enough of it and we'd like some talks, else we'll put pressure on sponsors, attendance etc etc. as an example.

I know we talk all the time about how a united series may look if it ever happened, what guys like Dov and myself are saying is they've had enough time to jam and come together, now how about the fans organise ourselves, gets guys like Mario onboard, let them know how the fans feel about this split and bring something to a head.

Maybe we begin with a petition on a website and ask both IRL and CART fans that would like to see talks to sign it. We can then deliver it to both the IRL and CART as a sign of how the fans feel about this issue and what we want. And to be serious, if we don't get thousands upon thousands of signatures I'd be very dissappointed and have misjudged how fans feel about this.

As a example, after both CART and the IRL have had some time to view the list if they still hadn't taken some action in contacting each other and at least talking then we can put to the series that we will be calling upon all fans who signed the petition and anyone else who cares, to begin boycotting sponsors within their series. The idea being if TG and Pook are driven by sponsors like Toyota, Honda, Ford etc then perhaps they might get pressure from these guys when they realise thousands of fans aren't going to buy their products.

These are just ideas of what perhaps could be done, I'd like to hear more if people have any. But either way this is what we want to discuss, if we the fans can do anything to bring the situation to a head and get both sides in the same room talking.

Last edited by The Snout; 1 May 2003 at 21:35.