View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2012, 09:19 (Ref:3008051)   #1407
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Weird choice from the BBC, Allen. I was never much angered by him myself (unlike by JL) but he certainly got up most other people's noses.
He certainly did. Does anyone remember the campaign that ran to get rid of him off ITV? The channel even had to release a statement about it if I remember correctly. I know there was a fairly large Facebook group with thousands of members related to the same thing and thats not to mention the twenty odd thousand "stop the c**k" t shirts that were sold in support of getting him off our screens lol. Such a strange choice by the BBC knowing how much viewers were angered by him. I'll be honest and say I'd rather have Legard than Allen. I won't be tuning into Radio 5 Live anytime soon and may sacrifice watching the practice sessions or at least watch them without sound. When I had F1 Championship Edition for the PS3, I changed the language format to German so the commentators would change because they used James Allen on that bloody game!!

PS: I do like his writing and his articles are very good. I often browse his website and feel he should stick to what he is good at.