View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3218568)   #14
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I hope they make it at least twelve rounds and send CTSCC, GT3, Pro Mazda (is that IMSA sanctioned anymore?), Lites and such to the circuits that are likely threatened by the unification of schedules. Of course, it won't mean much without the big series, I suspect. For the sake of the circuits, I wish SCCA Pro Racing could draw significantly on standalone weekends like they did in the Trans-Am era.

I think the brand will catch on with the hardcore the same way ALMS and Grand-Am caught on. To future fans United SportsCar Racing will simply mean sports car racing. The true meaning of United will likely be lost on them, but that is irrelevant in the long run. The idea will be to stay united and grow. No problems with the branding, which is likely to change with the inclusion of sponsorship branding.

Chris
I am of the same mind.

L.P.