View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2016, 18:18 (Ref:3665995)   #1
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2017 IndyCar silly season

So what could be possible for 2017

Penske
There are some rumours about Montoya is going to be replaced. For example with Newgarden. But most likely all 4 drivers will stay at least for one more season.

1) Simon Pagenaud
2) Will Power
3) Hélio Castroneves
4) Juan-Pablo Montoya

Carpenter
Newgarden is looking for a better shot, at either Penske or Ganassi. But for the moment it seems there are no places available there. So he is very likely to stay. Perhaps Ed Carpenter will do oval courses again, with the car driven from another driver at the road and street courses. Perhaps with Spencer Pigot again.

5) Josef Newgarden
6) Ed Carpenter / Spencer Pigot

Ganassi
Kanaan is going to get another season with that good run so far. All other drivers are very likely to stay. So I expect no chances there.

7) Scott Dixon
8) Tony Kanaan
9) Charlie Kimball
10) Max Chilton

Schmidt Peterson
Sam Schmidt expects both drivers to stay, a third car would be great, but that's not very likely.

11) James Hinchcliffe
12) Mikhail Aleshin

Andretti
Alexander Rossi wants to be back in Formula One, but beside of Manor there are no chances. And for Manor I don't think he has enough money. So, Rossi should be back with Andretti/Herta again - as the other Andretti drivers as well

13) Carlos Munoz
14) Alexander Rossi
15) Ryan Hunter-Reay
16) Marco Andretti

Rahal Letterman Lanigan
With more money they could expand to a two-car line-up. Ed Jones is a strong contender for that.

17) Graham Rahal
18) Ed Jones

KVSH
Don't expect a second entry. Bourdais to stay I think.

19) Sébastien Bourdais

Foyt
I think at least one driver could leave. I expect Sato to stay. New driver could be Harvey.

20) Takuma Sato
21) Jack Harvey

Dale Coyne
Dale Coyne could be reduce to 1 car for Daly.

22) Conor Daly