View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2013, 05:15 (Ref:3345794)   #81
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My take on this is that it will be this:
1) All the marquee races (streets + enduros) will be shown live on FTA with the street races all twilights.
2) The supersprint rounds will have a combination of highlights or delayed races in a condensed 2 hour package on each day leading into the news on FTA but be shown live on Fox.
3) Fox will show every session of every round live, plus support races.

For those saying that Foxtel are the lead broadcaster - you'd be correct. Which is the same with NRL & AFL deals - the bulk of the money for those deals comes from Fox, not FTA.

It's a good deal for fans as you can get much more V8s if you want to pay for it and, probably, marginally less but more conveniently broadcast on FTA.

For those knocking Channel 7 - I remember most people saying that they were glad that C7 got the rights all those years ago because they were sick of C10!

C7 definitely improved the quality over C10, but I think C10 will again lift it even higher. When networks get new rights they tend to put a big effort in to put their own stamp on it.

Commentary - unsure but there are a few near-as-definites:
Greg Rust will host (replacing Matt White)
Neil Crompton as the lead commentator
Daryl Beattie (probably in the pits)

I hope
Aaron Noonan, either pits or as third commentator. He would add something different.
Mark Larkham - I'm a bit ambivalent, but he does what he does quite well.

Please no:
Mark Skaife - I was a fan when he first started, but he's not developed, is repetitive and annoying. He offers nothing that Crompton can't and Noonan would provide a better variety of comments.
Russell Ingall - We don't need more old boys having a laugh and getting into commentary cause it's easy money (see Mark Skaife). We need genuine experts who are willing to put the effort in and be 100% committed (see Aaron Noonan).

I don't have PayTV, but one of the good things is that I can go to a pub and watch the V8s live - which I can't do now.