View Single Post
Old 4 May 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2455069)   #43
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
"Dan Clarke will not be gracing an F1 grid any time soon... unfortunately he had to grace an A1GP one. "

After seeing a fighting performance, I am willing to take back my comment... DC was a pleasure to watch yesterday, he was battling very hard.
I agree that after yesterday it's probably appropriate to withdraw the comment about the A1GP grid, but not F1. Dan will never make it there, not should he.

He did drive with some spirit yesterday. His pass on Australia into Paddock was a classic, even if John Martin left the door wide open for him and he did have fastest lap for a while. Ironically, it was Martin who took fastest lap in the end.

Don't forget either that Clarke knows Brands very well indeed, certainly the shorter Indy section, because that is where he won the Formula Ford Festival.