Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1653746)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I'm lukey. I've been a member here very nearly two years. I was born in 1989 so at the moment I'm 16...
I remember my Dad who was a big Mansell fan every Grand Prix around 1992 telling me to watch lol. He went to a few British Grand Prix. Brands 1985 I think.
My favourite driver has been Schumacher since around 1994 when I vaguely remember F1. I started watching more when he moved to Ferrari; of course I was still only six still when he did. But I got hooked as he could never win for Ferrari. And since 1997 or 1998 I have been a huge fan of him.
My dream is to go to the British Grand Prix one day. I've been to the Goodwood festival of speed in 1999 and 2001. I then got hooked on WRC around the same time as again my Dad was a fan at the time.
F1 was all I watched until about 2001 when I started to watch CART, IRL, BTCC, and F3000. Since then I've watched all motor sport.
However since 2004 I have never loved F1 as much as I used to.
And last year I went to my first ever BTCC race at Thruxton. I was hoping to go the DTM this year here as well but I couldn't. Same with Grand Prix masters here in August, can't afford to go.
Also I've been karting since 2002...
Ermm from I was young till around 2002, F1 was my favourite motorsport. Then I started watching CART as F1 got very boring that year. So CART was my favourite series for a while but then it's been declining ever since.
So then 2003 the WRC was my favourite series. As well I couldn't watch that much as I was racing and it was very exciting that year and I'm a big Solberg fan. Then form 2004 to 2005 the DTM has been my favourite series probably because I'm a big fan of Garry Paffett. Now, I donno, I just watch what ever is on as I don't really have a favourite anymore. Although I have been a big fan of MotoGP since 2003 and prefered it to F1 certainly in 2004.
I would love to go to more motorsport events but all my money goes towards karting at the moment so I can't even collect cars anymore.

Memorabilia side:
Since around 1999 when my Dad bought me my first model car from TFS1, in their little town shop in Chichester lol which no longer exists. I have collected mainly 1:18 F1 cars, from the 1970's to the current day. My 1:18 collection is around 30 cars. I also have a few 1:43 cars, a few CART cars that were Indy Car at the time and also sports cars.
I also have a hug book collection of motor sport books. Again around thirty. From all the Champ Car / CART yearbooks by Autocourse, to other F1 yearly books, driver auto biographies etc.
I also have all the F1 reviews on VHS from 1987-2000. And a few other new ones on DVD.
I also have many F1 hats in my collection, mainly Michael Schumacher ones.
I also have many signed stuff that means a great deal to me. For example signed by Michael Andretti, his 1994 Ganassi CART car. Also signed by him the 1996 U.S. 500 event book. And other signed stuff from DC, Colin McRae, Richard Burns R.I.P, Eddie Irvine, Mika Salo, Jenson Button, Justin Wilson, Darren Manning, to name a few and the pleasure of meeting them also Nigel Mansell at a kart track when his son's were testing.
And comming back to what Craig was saying, I have most Autosports from 2002 to around now but I haven't got them in ages. Still it's a huge pile lol.

Last edited by luke; 11 Jul 2006 at 18:27.