View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2934664)   #5
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid I have to agree with redshoes....

Some of the Life and Nature shots are good, but the motorsport shots just aren't doing it for me......

I've always had a pet hate with bits of cars being cropped off, unless the shot makes it obvious it was intended rather than just a missed shot. The backgrounds are distracting, I think you need to think more about your positioning before taking the shot....and leave the backgrounds as clear of clutter as possible....no marshals, no wheelie bins, no burger vans etc....just nice, clean backgrounds.....

Even from spectator areas this is possible....yes, even at the concretefest that is Silverstone.....

Check out some other websites, like Sutton, Getty, Jakob Ebrey etc for inspiration, and to learn about the vast array of shots that can be achieved with a little artistic thought...then go out and try them for yourself.....