View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2821245)   #763
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
But then again, the Audi R8 had major body changes done to if in '01, and more in '02, and it never got a + designation. Same for the R10, especially by '08.

Either Audi is insulting our intelligence, or they have some cards they're not showing, and I'm not sure if it's wider tires--possibly some front suspension tweaks to overcome the grip problems from last year? Perhaps this speculation should be put in the/a R15 thread?

But then again, Audi doesn't appear to have a HD kit for the R18, or, for whatever reason, isn't running it (and we know that Audi had a HD kit for the R15 last year--mostly carryover bits from the '09 R15--but didn't use it until after Le Mans). Audi probably has those bits, and I know that they don't intend to run the R18 at Sebring, but are they willing to throw away Spa due to running an LM aero kit there? I doubt that, but it may depend on how the R15 does at Sebring and if the new Pugs have issues.

EDIT: Fourtitude has a piece on the R18 and R15 test at Sebring: http://forums.fourtitude.com/entry.p...n-Sebring-Test

Last edited by chernaudi; 27 Jan 2011 at 09:14.