View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2387421)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
massively pleased at the yellows/SC boards both ways, which I think is a big benefit for safety. Personally, I think the green is unnecessary on posts, but I think from what is being said above, the green won't be displayed at the start line until the leading car arrives ready for racing, at which point it will go out at all other posts by line of sight.

In other words, you'll have yellows at the posts before the start line up until the moment that the green is shown on start line. The following cars will not see a green until after it has been shown to the leaders.

Which means the probably loan marshal will simultaneously put down the board and the yellow and wave (display?) the green while looking both ways at once to see the green being withdrawn on one side and ensuring no-one starts overtaking too soon on the other side! Probably immediately afterwards putting down the green and getting the yellow out again, but that's drivers for you!

All in all, a step in the right direction. Now can anyone confirm that this will be adopted by:

a) all clubs, ensuring that rules are not different for each meeting.
b) all classes (including BTCC/GT/F3), ensuring that rules are not different from race to race.
c) by FIA.

OK, that last may be a fantasy...