View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3802946)   #556
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
There are a few interesting cars on the list. The MG Maestros could be good value. An underrated car in its day because it, like everything else, was overshadowed by the Golf GTI.
As I was working for the local Austin distributor when the Maestro came out, I had a 1600HLS to drive for a while. It wasn’t a bad car, and if my memory serves me correct, the gearbox was actually VW Golf, and the suspension a direct copy. Our Boss had an early carb engined MG Maestro with digital dash, and the Chairman a Dolly Sprint (instead of usual Jag), as we had to be seen to be downsizing to save money at the time!

Maestro Turbo from memory very quick, as were the Rover Tomcat and 600Ti turbo saloon.......