View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2954508)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
i was actually referring to the rake of the car not the windscreen
Ah, OK.

I've always thought of 'rake' being used as an adjective for windscreens - some distant input from waaay back I suppose and no doubt inaccurately restrictive.

That said I have a vague recollection about reading something that mention subtle changes in the windscreen layouts which would also have changed the body shape of the roof line and rear.

The Wiki article mentions early rule changes that forced the use of a 'standard' tailgate shape suggesting that there were mods early in period. The aero configuration is different but then that was changed several times it seems and by different teams. Also the Fitzpatrick photo shows full length side panels that fill the door space between the wheel arches.

I would imagine that anyone wishing to create a unique spec to differentiate their car from any other would not have too much of a problem finding a variant that does not currently appear in public.