View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2008, 19:59 (Ref:2129800)   #15
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In all fairness to Liam the RWD Fessie looked a real pig to handle for the first few meetings. Towards the end of the season it did look a bit more manageable, I think maybe it had been de-tuned a little. I would have thought it would have been better to stick with the Fiesta and carry on developing it.

Now I know I am probably in the minority here, but I really don't think that the RS 200 will be an asset to the British Championship.
I think it's fairly ironic the Stockhatch drivers are being encouraged to bring out more modern cars, and move away from the older models. Then everybody thinks it's wonderful that a car which had it's heyday 20 years ago is going to return to the Supercar class.

I do think that the RS 200 is a wonderful car, in fact all the Group B stuff was awesome. I remember fondly watching them tear through the forests back in the mid eighties, and also rallycross grids full of them at ERC events in the late 80's & early 90's, but this is 2008 it's the new stuff we should be getting excited about.

Last edited by Cryos; 15 Feb 2008 at 23:36.