View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2008, 06:24 (Ref:2176854)   #26
jackschmidt
Racer

jackschmidt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
Only one major incident at the start of the Sprint race and none at all in the feature. I'd like to hear again from those who earlier dissed A1GP as having a low driving standard!
I'm still uncertain over some of the drivers in A1GP. I feel some of them are still complete ******** when rating their racing skill, but this race is truly a standard-setting achievement for all of them. All twenty two drivers finished the race. Neel absolutely drove a champion worthy performance, despite losing two gears in the race he has absolutely kept his head together and not self-destruct. Hats off to Neel.

Summerton drove an absolutely risk-free race and pulled a performance that makes it look like he never had the injury. Absolutely masterful drive.

The only dodgy part for me in the feature was Reid passing Neel during pitstop, I feel he benefited from a clear road ahead and slotted himself aggressively in front of Neel. But, I'm willing to let that one slide. It was too close to call whether he did something wrong or not. Either way, Jonny took home fourth, keeping the championship chase alive. Good stuff.

I wonder if Neel Jani will Hamiltonize his title chase, that would truly stink for the Swiss team.