View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:59 (Ref:3767808)   #226
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
OK, take your "no issue" statement at face value but you do jump onto the tyre supplier pretty readily.

As far as we know, there were no failures today at all, there were however tyres that MAY have punctured or MAY have been overloaded by those teams or which MAY have had some kind of failure. We'll only know once they are fully checked out but certainly one team was blaming itself.

Wrong to say that we never hear the results of forensic checks - we actually often do but I'll agree that we don't always hear the results. First time using the super softs at Sandown and by & large they seemed to work OK.
Blow a tyre at the wrong place on a circuit, lose a car, and maybe lose a person..

Completely agree there are many reasons for a tyre to go down.

The series has built an outstanding driver protection system inside the car, and the one thing that puts them in need of that system are the 4 round black things keeping the car in contact with the road.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods