England
Woburn Sands
Highside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom
How about "Classic Mod Prods"?
Yep - Works for me.

Quote:
It would be nice to allow the more modern cars in somehow, perhaps with 10 year old rule
I think the idea of a rolling 10 or 12 (or whatever) year rule is pretty good. It allows people to race otherwise defunt (for modern racing), but still very special saloon cars, while still feeling "classic".

I know it will be difficult to please all of the people all of the time, but lets face it, both sides will have to compromise, as saddly neither series is going anywhere on its own...

So if the CT boys can accept a move to 1a or 1b tyres (tough I know), while the mod-prods can accept free gearboxes, plastic bodywork, coilovers and drysumps etc, I think everyone can fit in with what should be a good fun, and not to mention fast, series, with some very interesting cars and some decent grids.

As I saw from the latest "Flyer" newsleter that the CTCRC very kindly sent me, they seam to be trying to encourage more people to double up in their races (i.e. Prod BMW racers doing an extra race in Pre-93, Pre-93'ers doing an extra race in Classic Thunder etc), so perhaps any future rules should take into account people coming accross from another series? Such as "if your car is built to and reguarly races to Pre 93 / Grp1 /PHT / whatever, you can drop one class". Would this help boost grids or not?

Just my tupence worth.... Discuss!

Rob