View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2871368)   #141
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1312 View Post
Thanks for that because actually it has made me even more determined to race at national karting level because I'm gunna prove you wrong
adam, you also need to consider your approach to people who are helping you.

Take this thread. At first people wanted to help you. You've had suggestions of places to go, series to consider and people to talk to. Wow, a gold mine.
However instead of listening to them, engaging them and developing the conversation you just ignored the help and kept posting inane questions. Sometimes the same questions again and again. Look how that developed. Now people are finding you annoying and, unfortunately, some laughing at you.

Now to achieve things in this sport you have to engage a team owner to persuade him to give you ago (even with money). Then, if successful, you will have to engage sponsors and more and more people to help and advise you. You will have to change you approach or the same thing will happen again.

You will need a more professional approach. Spend some time thinking about your posts, just as you will need to spend some time considering what you will say to those who can help you. A well presented post, even a spell check, will help people's perception of you. I'm no karting star, but, trust me, this will help you in any walk of life.

A lot of people, including me here, have written a lot of advise. Spent time and effort to try and help you. I suspect they are feeling a little unappreciated.