Thread: LM24 Race Member AllonFS
View Single Post
Old 25 May 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3079243)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Member AllonFS

Many of you will know AllonFS, a long-standing Tenths member and Le Mans devotee, who went to Le Mans on a number of occasions with Tenths founder Craig and was even a 'Tourist' with me in 2008. Bad 'family planning' ruled him out last year.

I've had a PM from Allon which he thought I might share with you all, particularly the longer-standing members who know him well. Rather than paraphrase, I'll quote him -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
Hi Andrew, long time since we have been in touch. As you know I missed last year as we had a new baby and leaving my wife with an 8 year old and 8 month old was not really on!

Unfortunately I will not be coming this year either, this time for not such good reasons. My leukaemia from 5 years ago has returned and from next week I start a course of intensive (for that read bloody awful!) chemo which will eventually end up with a stem cell transplant which is a fairly major procedure with a long recovery time afterwards. I have been told to write off the rest of the year, but although my odds aren't as good as last time, my consultant is optimistic about the outcome.

I didn't want to post this on the forum as I such an infrequent visitor these days, but if you want to put something on or tell people who do know me I am happy for you to do that. At the very least I expect a toast on the Saturday lunchtime meet up!

Sorry to send you such a rubbish msg. I hope you are well and looking forward to Le Mans this year, although unless the Toyota is spectacular out of the box, I fear an Audi procession. And the less said about the Delta Wing the better!

All the best
Allon

I'm sure you'll all agree this is not the news we wanted to hear. I fervently hoped that Allon was well and truly through the very difficult time he and his family had 5 years ago and I know you'll all be as disappointed as I am to hear that Allon is going to have to go through it all again.

Certainly my thoughts are with him and his family that he gets through this OK with as little pain as possible and although prayer is a slightly difficult thing for me, I suspect there are plenty here who won't have that problem. The rest of us will keep him in our thoughts and I know we will most certainly raise a glass to him at that place he loves just like the rest of us.

Get well Alan - that's an instruction!