View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3026226)   #80
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
have to disagree with you there mate--having been involved in the entire series with another team--giles team are very thorough in prep and with engineering skills and with the best reputation comes the first pick of the best drivers.Crikey,after Andy neale left Jono Lester's car to do his super tourer job on saturday night of timaru round 2, ETEC didnt have an engineer with even f/renault experience behind them.
marciello was erratic especially with his braking and constantly over drove the car and buckled under the enormous pressure on him--berthon was on holiday and it showed and quite frankly was a disapointment.
I dont think anyone can doubt the ability of cassidy and evans to be worthy of running at the front--but lest be honest all the others shot themselves in the foot by falling off the track or making contact with others and throw away points--cassidy kept clean and won when he could and picked up points when he couldn't.Asseldonk could have won the series but shot himself in both feet along the way.
i could not see any speed differences between cars apart from what the drivers were inducing.
great series -well organised and professional and i believe most were happy except for the lads who got there asses whipped and ego's dented.mr marciello swagger around the pits was quite different at round 5 to what it was at round 1......
i have seen many drivers jump to another type of formula car and struggle and vice versa.......
Well said.

I don't believe failure is always a bad thing, as if one is honest with themselves they can find ways to learn from their experience and improve as a driver.

Some of these guys probably had their head filled with the top dog ego and it turned out there were the dogs breakfast. Good to take them down a notch.