View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2012, 08:53 (Ref:3137088)   #106
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
That Hilton Sierra is a bit of a mystery- it certainly never appeared, although it did appear in entry lists during the season- I don't have the actual programme to hand just now, but IIRC it's listed in the entry for the round supporting the Group C sportscars at Brands in July or so

It's been mentioned before in the thread- Jesper posted some stuff from an April issue of Autosport, which reported the Hilton RS500 was due to debut at Thruxton, but that's about all I know about it:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....57&postcount=9

So was this intended to be an existing car bought from one of the 1988 Sierra runners, or an all-new machine?
Tony Hilton was indeed entered in the WSCC-supporting round of the BTCC at Brands Hatch on 23.07.89. He was also entered in the British GP round. His entries are under the Hilton Racing Developments banner & home town is given as Wendover (Buckinghamshire I think). I also have programmes for the later rounds at Donington & Silverstone but he is not listed. I was more concerned with F3 in those days so do not have the race results sheets etc.