View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2007, 11:58 (Ref:1822657)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott R
as a bit of an update,

The car i have is the Beige coloured one of Julian May.
The original White car was destroyed in an accident at thruxton, sheene spun in the wet and the rest of the pack ran into him.
Ford MOCO gave Julian a new shell and was rebuilt with the interesting beige colour.

Jock Robertson drove the car in 84, but had other commitments occasionally so another driver was found, Patrick Watts.

I desperatly need pictures of the car in 1984,85 colours as i am in the process of re-building/restoring the car.
Scott, I thought I had a couple of the Class C (in which it ran) cars from the period. The only one i've got (that I could find) is a shot of it following the two datapost cars and Alan Minshaw's MK11 Golf GTi entering Woodcote in the last round of the '84 BTCC at Silverstone. Unfortunately it was taken from the grandstand with a very basic camera and the image of the car (white with black bumpers like the road version) is too small for posting on here - if you cropped it it would just blur out of all recognition. That is a shame.

The only other clear shot of an RS1600i I have is a rather bent looking shot of the Brooklyn car in the Thruxton paddock from earlier that year after Chris had had a shunt in practice!