View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3427110)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Re McLaren driver situation...
There must be some raised eyebrows at how both Button and Kevin appear to be struggling and how the jettisoned Perez appears to be thriving alongside Hulk at Force India.

Whilst we know the McLaren is once again a difficult chassis, Button is hardly doing much to keep his name in the frame anywhere else and Magnussen is part of the family as Hamilton was to a degree.

They maybe thinking they dropped the wrong driver, even though I'm still pretty sure performance wasn't the real reason Checo left, which was probably more likely related to McLaren's lack of a title sponsor this season.

I am convinced Telmex were supposed to take the deal yet didn't because McLaren were struggling, Checo was left high and dry which is why Whitmarsh tried to help him get another drive.

Anyway moving on, I think the real beneficiary of a Button leaving McLaren and Hamo leaving Brackley scenario will be Alonso who would be straight into Mercedes surely?

I think at this stage Fernando is only going to be interested in a winning car, as Senna was at a similar stage of his career when he joined Williams.