View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2001, 04:12 (Ref:103702)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
the only info i have on both of these drivers is that they have undergone surgery...Robby McGehee has a broken leg and Im sure that davey hamilton has similar injuries.

both drivers were lucky to walk away without very serious injuries after the crashes ..Davey hamilton's crash was horrifying and how he hasnt been more seriously hurt i will never know.

McGehee was very unlucky..he was doing the right thing in getting out of the way but unfortunately Greg Ray had the same idea ..and what about the view from Eddie cheever's car ..that was scary.

thankfully with both of these shunts no one was really badly hurt but i hope that Davey and Robby make a full recovery.

BTW . Davey hamilton is the only driver whohas started every single IRL race and the next race (at Pikes peak) will be the first race that he missed in about 5 years. (Im pretty sure he wont make the race)