View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2016, 10:08 (Ref:3671837)   #285
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
GRM can continue with volvo cars without technical cooperation. That appears to be the caseor similar to which GRM are challenging and according to Garry will win
I'm glad you can point out the obvious from your throne of ignorance.

I am sure Garry could refuse to send the cars back (including the engines that belong to Cyan, btw), but he is suing them in order to be able to get enough spare parts to run the season. He didn't design them, he didn't make them, HE DOESN'T OWN THE RIGHTS TO THEM.

Also Supercars regulations stipulate he can't run them without Volvo's permission.

So there's a few sticking points here and my personal opinion, given all the publicly available facts, is that Garry's legal action is to try to force Cyan to let him have a year worth of parts so he doesn't drag them through the courts.

In other words, he's in a barbed wire canoe. I could easily see him handing in his RECs at the end of the year.