View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3057130)   #5
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by malks View Post
............... i maybe should have posted this in virtual racers,when in simulation racing my wheel turns more than the virtual car steering wheel,kinda distracting i would say,i would like my wheel to be turning the same amount of degrees as the wheel in the simulation to judge steering better .........
Having played a few simulators I understand your issue. Sometimes matching the visual to your wheel is a simple case of adjusting the steering sensitivity in the simulator setup, but this isn't always adjustable. You may well get better advice on that in the Virtual Racer forum.

Going back to a rule of thumb for the steering input angle. Might I suggest that regardless of the type of car, or lock-to-lock figure, you should set up to get round the tightest hairpin at a steering input of no nore than say +/- 150-180deg from centred (300-360 deg total). This means you never have to let go of the wheel. With that as a base, setting up for less input will reduce the amount of work you do, but will make the steering less sensitive to small inputs, the choice is yours.

If all else fails, you could always use a bonnet view position so that you can't see the wheel on screen!