View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2012, 05:46 (Ref:3033394)   #277
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
I would have thought the nature of those two accidents, given the sudden stops from high speed in both cases, had as much, if not more, to do with the location of solid objects than the shell of the car. Would the outcomes of either accident have been different in one of todays cars?
I think either of the Rat's accidents could be given of examples that this is the case. The cars don't fold up now like they did in the past. The 2 crashes I referenced are extreme examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
I could race an Improved Production car somewhere in Australia almost any weekend of the year if i wanted to. I could race it in short races like at Bathurst last weekend, I could race in the Wakefield 300km enduro which is coming up, in 6hr relay races etc etc... You could potentially cover more kms per year in an Improved Production car than a V8Supercar does.... what about the Production Sports guys who can run their cars in all over the place in plenty of 1hr races, not to mention tarmac rallies they can all run their cars in too
You could, and if you did so its your own liability. However if you are a large organisation overseeing 28 cars built to the same spec racing every week, things clearly have to be different. You have to be seen to mitigate risk wherever its possible.