View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2006, 07:28 (Ref:1701269)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think this post is getting confused with Mod-Prods, may of those names either entered both or were ModProds only.

Quote:
What about all them fantastic Mitsubishi Lancers
Alan ZIni was one of the front runners, when that thing went man was it quick but invariable it failed.

Ray West's car is still around and sitting ready to go according to his prodigy and current very quick CTRCC Ascona runner Dave Hicton. I spoke with Ray at Thruxton, don't think much chance of him coming out as he would have to run in Classic Thunder as the CTRCC Group 1 rules do notallow in a Manta 400 in fact neither did Super Road Saloons (I believe) which is why Ray raced it with us in ModProds.

Derek Wileman did have a Capri and Cavalier (Turbo I believe) and used them both in ModProds before going over to the dark side (Castle Combe Saloons with their silly 3 litre limit)! His son Alan also raced with us (I think him or his name sake is currently running in the CTRCC BMW's not sure).