View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1686659)   #12
Rex Judicata
Veteran

United States
Melbourne and Fort Lauderdale
Rex Judicata User is flirting with disqualificationRex Judicata User is flirting with disqualificationRex Judicata User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Okay heres the deal, who is your top 5 F1 racing drivers? This isnt neccarcily based on indavidual results or nationality just who you like and why.
Ok, but these are not in any particular order.

Rudi Caracciola - because he a great gentleman, a master of car control, was the first rain master, and he was the great master of the Silver Arrows.

Mario Andretti - because he was a true racer, and won in everything he drove.

Dan Gurney - because Jimmy Clark said Dan was the only person he feared on the track - compliments just don't come any better than that.

Niki Lauda - because of his intellect, his triumph over horrible pain and adversity.

Gilles Villeneuve - aka Villeneuve pere - because of his passion, love of racing, and his sheer native talent.

I give honorable mention to Jimmy Clark, Stirling Moss, Ricardo Rodriguez, Bernd Rosemeyer, Phil Hill, Tazio Nuvolari, Nigel Mansell, and Peter Revson. It was particularly hard not to include Stirling in the above list. I'm not sure of today's young lions, but I wonder if Nico Rosberg, Scott Speed, or Marco Andretti will turn out to be the real thing.

I exclude Schumacher, Senna, and Prost - because I don't like their values as much as I appreciate their ability and their success.

Last edited by Rex Judicata; 19 Aug 2006 at 17:09.