Old 14 Jun 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2898868)   #100
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
The point is that they want diversity of competition and they want speed, and safety I'd imagine would be quite high on their list. If they removed the weight limits, then the teams would go to ridiculous and dangerous lengths to find speed that would have little to do with road cars.
Prototypes were built for Le Mans just in the past decade with a 675-kg limit. The LMP1 weight limit is 900 kg. I don't believe anyone questioned the safety of the LMP675's, so they can lop off 225 kg right now if the ACO wanted.

I have a much larger issue with the DeltaWing not on its design but for the driving experience. It amazes me this car was designed to take part on street courses where the corner has a concrete wall right inside. The driver has no frontal reference point for the width of his rear wheelbase, and we see drivers getting tapped in the rear by moving over or not realizing a driver is there all the time, and it's going to be worse here (especially with Le Mans where there's no spotters).

Last edited by Flyin Ryan; 14 Jun 2011 at 14:54.