View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3596459)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
true true it is hard to tell where these types of relationships start and end but surely there is a difference for the guys making 30-50mil per year through an existing team sponsorship deal vs those trying to secure their seats for the smaller teams based on their ability to generate their own personal sponsorship as a prerequisite for entry.

Philip Morris and Honda would be in F1 regardless of whether or Schumi or Alonso were there and the sponsorship those companies provide stays with or will stay with the team after those drivers left/leave and those two drivers earned their spots prior to being afforded or categorized as having a pseudo pay driver status.

the Maldonado situation would be the odd one imo in that PDVSA would likely still be an F1 sponsor even if PM wasnt a driver but would they opt for a longer term deal with one team rather than move as the driver moves?

but moreso i am talking about those trying to get into F1 with one of the smaller teams and their situation is very much different to that of Schumi's or Alonso's imo.