Thread: Liam Doran
View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2016, 09:51 (Ref:3696359)   #96
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
So as a fan you are being sort of short changed compared to a fan in Sweden or France where you get ERC too, and you can bet we will be paying more yet again in 2017 if we go. I will not be this year, unless they get say 20 GpB cars there!!
Have to agree here - the British round of the WRX is looking less and less appealing - lower entry in WRX, poor support class, high ticket cost. Sad to say really but it's not looking like a 'must see' any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
As a further note, there has been some news that the ex Gollop 309 has been purchased and is going to be rebuilt into a broadly simil;ar car to what Will used in 93. The previous owner has been on here in the past looking for info but thankfully didn't do much with it, so as a shell it is pretty much as it was. I think the guy that runs the ex Needell Metro has bought it, so hopefully he can get it to run better than the Metro does!!
I saw that article as well (I'll see if I can dig the link out) - it'll be good to see another 'classic' back up and running. It was always a bit of an odd car though wasn't it? It's been converted to run with Honda S2000 running gear so there will be quite a bit of work to get it back towards orginal spec (although again reading the article it's not going to be put back to 100% original spec due to the scarcity of parts).

Edit: Article link:

http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2016/...s-restoration/