Thread: Team 2017 Car Launch Thread
View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3711416)   #32
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
true, sport and politics have always been a part of each other but that doesnt mean we have to like it.

allowing political messages, however positive and right, allows for the possibility of negative messages to also be included and F1 has seen its fair share of those.

and if politics is allowed in why not messages of a religious nature too?

plus there is the issue if the Mexican GP's political message will have an adverse effect on the Austin GP held one week earlier.

i was pretty vocal in my distaste when BE let Putin into the drivers pre podium room a few years back (and the Turkish GP podium incident many more years back)...its only fair that i continue to express my distaste about mixing sport and politics even when it supports a message i agree with.

anyways, this is being talked about in the parc ferme trump thread.
haha true....I think theres a distinct line between pure politics and spreading messages of tolerance such as this and the gay rights in sochi