View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2017, 22:20 (Ref:3719475)   #256
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
One word. Stubbornness.

People talk about Japanese pride. I have in the past worked with Japanese engineers on joint venture projects. They are great engineers, very talented, but they are also very stubborn. They want it done all their way. Even when faced with the obvious, they refuse to admit to their erroneous methods. People for some reason mistake their stubbornness for pride. Pride and stubbornness are two very different things. And in my experiences, the Japanese are very stubborn.
Brutal!.....in the past 20 years i have worked in the automotive and motorsports R&D industry with all manner of nationalities.....many individuals could be labelled as stubborn, a scottish guy and Portuguese guy in particular drove me up the wall, but i would not therefore label all scots and Portuguese as stubborn, the individuals concerned were just "girls front bottoms"......i have said it before and ill say it again, in the asia region ageism is rife, once an engineers older boss says it is to be done a certain way, the engineer dare not question his elders instruction, its as simple as that.