View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2016, 15:03 (Ref:3677549)   #7
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I have not really followed the news about Nitiss. I assumed a) He left Munnich because he was not happy about the SEAT and b) OMSE wanted a more experienced driver besides Grondholm and Eriksson. But now he's not in an OMSE Fiesta I don't understand it. Or is this round there's no place for him because they rented the car already to Raymond?
Since OMSE got Eriksson and Grönholm competing in the manufacture championship and not switching one of them for Nitiss in Spain or Latvia, why would they want a more experienced driver? Besides, their fathers got plenty of experience.

But I am a bit confused about the switch. Firstly, he was is no mans land already so switching to OMSE felt unnecessary when he could have competed the rest of the championship without having to get a ride by himself. And secondly, the Fiesta can't seem to stack up against the other cars anyway. The results haven't been to well for him since switching.

As for Germany, I have no idea why he is not competing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Wondering about the Mini project. Would it not been better and maybe even cheaper for JRM to have started from scratch instead of buying the project from Prodrive?
I think they lack experience so getting good cars from Prodrive was not a bad idea for them maybe. The project stood still pretty much at Prodrive so good deal I guess too. Their own built engine though feels a bit uncertain, maybe they should have asked Prodrive for a 2 litre engine instead ...