View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2967367)   #12
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Meira finished 13th in 2008, was 16th in 2009 when he crashed, 12th in 2010 and stands 16th in 2011. He had a podium in 2010 and finished 5th in Toronto 2011. How is he a bad driver?
he isn't 'bad' but he is a solid field filler, he has been driving for years and managed a 2010 podium? and Viso who found him?
even danica patrick- strategy be darned- won a race.
too compare all the penske and ganassi stable mates have won races alot, the second tier ganassi cars have graham rahal who for all his bad luck won a race in indy/champ car on his debut.

Meira just isn't the same caliber as a few guys left out in the cold, like Tracy although he may be getting on, and Wheldon... and where is Junquiera? not a lucky guy in Indy but he was an actual good racer.
Indy car has a great collection of regular guys, good racers but not world class talent-
you can argue the same in F1 with guys like Luizzi who have done better in lower series and don't really hold up the F1 skill needed, and in INDY it has less to do with the car itself, as they all are in the same wagon