View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2016, 20:28 (Ref:3697691)   #37
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brilliant set of Colin Lourie photos in the link below and here are just a few of the many Mini's to be seen!
http://clourie.co.uk/ingliston/index.html

Quote:
"The Royal Highland Showground at Ingliston, west of Edinburgh, was used as a motor racing circuit from 1965 until 1992.
From 1966 to early 1969, I took photos as a spectator - mainly from Caravan corner. Then, along with Eric Bryce, I was Ingliston’s official photographer for the Scottish Motor Racing Club from August 1969 until 1976 - and took many of the photographs that appeared in race-meeting programmes.
In its day, Ingliston was a great little track. It was tight, the cars were never far from Armco and the racing was invariably close. Motor racing, then, was not a contact sport - and invariably any car with a loose or departing part was black-flagged. Slicks and marbles were unheard of in my days at Ingliston and only laterally did I see anyone stick a thermometer in a tyre.
In October 2010, I started scanning my negatives to show on this website. It’s going to be a big job - having taken upwards of 200 shots at each of six race meetings a year for 7 years. A serious burst of scanning activity in 2015 has brought the total number of photographs to over 500. Hopefully, these photographs fill a gap and help revive a few memories."
Happy viewing.
Colin Lourie