Thread: 2KCup
View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3308364)   #10
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
There is a big difference between a few cars on a track doing laps. Than a full grid each to their own start of a race.
That's my concern

I totally agree Brick. You are right. Once again. As always.

This is madness. People getting involved with the sport - memberships and licences up. What a strain this will put on the delicate mechanism of our wonderful governg body!

Articles in the Newspaper FFS!http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/n...ectid=11127607

Where will it end?

These will be totally lethal rocketships what with less than 185hp

As long as the curb weight is under 1500kg, Engine size under 2000cc and its not making any more than 185hp from factory. It will most likely be accepted. It must be a car that was released before 1997 (1996 and before) and produced before 2000 (1999 and before).

For the life of me I can't see how running on road tyres would control speed particularly as the door is wide open for no modificaions.

This is so not the way forward! Drifting is how we capture the new generation. (Note to self, see if it is possible to get local club to arrange for a licence evening for the drift chappies since they are charging the door down)

Lets critisise this inititive to death and slather it with negativity.
Cost effective fun within motorsport? Pah!

That will be all.