View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3726075)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
Ok, so if no one else will bite then .....
The top flight of this era of cars are very serious bits of kit. Surely now a proper licensing system has to be initiated - a licence and medical/fitness test that ensures that these cars are driven by capable, fit and responsible people? Having seen the struggles that some have had with Group C cars is it not irresponsible to not make sure that these car's drivers are "fit for purpose" - no pun intended?
When it would appear that today the only real test of driver's suitability can be carried out with a vernier caliper (to measure the drivers wallet) there are serious questions that need asking.
Just my ten pennies worth.
You give good value for ten pence, Simon!

The thought of some current historic racers attempting to get into, let alone drive, some of the kit suggested, is scary enough. Obviously there are those that would employ the services of a pro for driving duty, as happens now, so perhaps a chance of bit of extra work for some. Certainly some minimal medical and driving ability requirements needed for anyone wanting to race, IMHO. And forget normal licence grades, something extra should be legislated.

Interesting times.....

BTW Louis, Eau Rouge was flat in my 130bhp 924 when I drove it at Spa, but I guess that's not what you had in mind!